There’s a *Share 5 Random facts about you* tag going around on Instagram at the moment. Friends tag each other and in turn we share 5 Random facts about ourselves. Even though I shared these 5 random facts already on my Instagram page I wanted to share them with you as well.
See one of my goals for 2018 is to open up a little bit more to you and get to know each other better. So why not start here?
5 Random facts about me:
- I am socially awkward and shy.
- A lot of people – especially if you watch my Youtube Channel – would beg to differ with this statement but believe me it is true. I am that person who wants to blend in during social gatherings because I am low key freaking out. I think it’s mostly because I am really bad at making small talk. I never really know what to say and as a result, I give short answers which always make the conversation awkward and uncomfortable. It doesn’t help that I am also shy. Barely make eye contact and if I do, my palms are sweaty for YEARS. The struggle is real.
- I have an irrational fear of failure.
- You know how they say failure is just another stepping store to success……or whatever they say? Well, to me, failure is boarder line deadly. Okay, that’s a little exaggerated because I would take my life as a result of failure, but i’m sure you get the point. I take pride in EVERYTHING I do. I go the extra mile and to be honest, I always expect positive results. My glass is NEVER half empty. So when I come across failure, my spirit gets crashed. I find it hard to get out of that phase and turn failure into success. Eventually I do, in some cases, but it just really takes a while. This is one of the reasons why I get very uncomfortable saying my dreams/goals out loud. It’s 7 times harder to recover when EVERYONE knows what i’m going through.
- My shoulder to feet/Knees coordination is REALLY bad.
- For someone who really loves to dance, this is a complete blow! I swear trying to dance randomly to a jamming song is NOT something that comes naturally to me. My shoulders constantly pull left and my feet/knees pull to the exact opposite direction. It’s actually quite sad to watch. So I only do it at home with my daughter, who surprisingly enough has very good coordination; and my boyfriend, whom like me, has ZERO coordination.
- I was a Latin American Dancer at 1 point in my life.
- Yes, yes! this is contradicting point 3 but it is TRUE. Back in 2011 & 2012, I took Latin American Dance classes and I absolutely loved it. I even entered a competition at one point. This however came with a load of work. I had to put in extra effort to cover the shortfall of my bad coordination and to make sure that the routine is seamless. Like I said, I have an irrational fear of failure so there was no way I was going to mess up my dance routine.
- I went through 9 long hours of excruciating labour pains only to end up with an emergency C-section to give birth to my daughter.
- I have a very low threshold for pain. I am that girl who hyper ventilates before getting blood drawn. But I was so determined to deliver my daughter with no pain medication. It took me 10 long months – and a little more (overdue baby) – to get myself prepared for the pain of labour and boy was I ready. It wasn’t fun but I went through it. I was determined to do it and so I tried. Turns out Little Miss Kbear had other plans in mind. So we ended up with an emergency c-section, a happy healthy baby, and a lot more pain to soldier through (C-section was rough for me).
Those are 5 random facts about me. There’s obviously a whole lot more but the tag asked for 5. Hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little more.
I tag you to share 1 or maybe 2 random facts about you in the comments below. Let’s get to know each other.