It’s been a while since I spent some time in the kitchen baking thanks to my demanding toddler and the year end rush at work. But this weekend I managed to steal some few minutes while lil one was napping to bake these delicious Cinnamon and Raisin Buns. This recipe takes quite a bit of time but i’m telling you, it is completely worth it.
What you will need:
For the dough
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 packet yeast
- 1/4 melted butter
- 3/4 Cup Milk (used full cream milk)
- 1/4 cup Warm Water
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (used brown sugar)
- Pinch of salt
For the filling
- Melted butter (about 3 tbsp)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Raisins (optional and you can use any fruit substitute – blueberries, cake mix, raspberries etc)
For the Glaze
- 2 tbsp butter
- About 6 tbsp Icing Sugar (You can adjust this based on your preference)
- Warm Milk (about 1/3 cup)
Now the fun begins when you actually start mixing these ingredients together. I need to warn you, you might just build muscles by just mixing the dough. I’m not that strong so I used a hand held electric mixer – which broke eventually from the hard labour(i’m not kidding) – but you can very well knead the dough with your hands. The video below explains the step by step process of how to go about making these yummy Cinnamon and Raisin buns.
These go so well with a cup of coffee especially in cold weather or if you like me, it doesn’t have to be cold to enjoy them. Have fun, enjoy and let me know if you try this recipe.