Lately I’ve been seriously obsessed with baking and trying out new recipes. I’ve been having fun and I think this might just be my new weekend thing. I came across this recipe and tried it – with a twist of course – and I am in LOVE. So since sharing is caring, I figured I should share this amazingly yummy deliciousness.
This is very easy to follow and does not require all that many ingredients.
All you’ll need is:
- Nestle Caramel Treat 360g (I love the one with banana flavour and use it always – it’s the bomb)
- Fresh Cream 250ml
- 1x Pack of Tennis Biscuits
- 1x slap of Mint Crisp Chocolate (I love the Cadbury brand)
- Square bowl or A container of your choice
How to do it:
- First grate the chocolate to have it be a bit powdery. Don’t panic if you have chunks of chocolate, it actually makes for cute decoration on top.
- Whip up the fresh cream until it thickens. Make sure it doesn’t get too thick though. ( To mix you can use either a hand held electric mixer or a spoon – personal preference)
- Add the Caramel and half of the chocolate to the cream and mix/whip it some more.
- In a square bowl – or whichever bowl you decide to use – line the tennis biscuits at the bottom – just 1 layer. You can crush the biscuits if you like but for this layer I love to use the full biscuits.
- Once you have layered down the biscuits, add half the cream mixture and level it.
- Then add crushed biscuits. Also even them out to make sure they cover the cream layer.
- Once this is done, then add the rest of the cream and level it to cover the biscuits layer.
- Take the left over chocolate and sprinkle it all over the cream
- Put it in the fridge to let it set. I like to leave mine overnight or during the day while i’m at work – about 8 hours. I’m sure it sets much quicker than that though
And that is it. Like I said, very easy, very quick, and absolutely DELICIOUS. Try it, and you’ll never look back.
What is your favourite or go-to dessert?