Ever found yourself eating anything and everything during the cold winter days? Well, you are not alone!
One of my biggest struggles during winter is eating healthier foods and snacks. I am – for lack of a better word – constantly in a state of hibernation in winter and I tend to not spend too much time worrying about what i’m eating. After all, I’m too busy worrying about getting cold.
This year however, I am trying to make a conscious effort to try and take note of what I eat – thanks to my gas heater and hot water bottle for keeping me warm while I’m at it :). It’s not always easy but at least I’m trying. Lately, I’ve been loving the homemade granola bars – to be honest I just LOVE granola bars – but they are even better when they are homemade. They are absolutely delicious, easy to make, and well, a bit healthier.
Here’s a recipe I’ve been loving
* 4 Cups rolled oats
* 1/4 Cup Kabrita Instant Full Cream Goat Milk powder
* 1/4 Cup Sugar (white or brown)
* 2 tsp Vanilla essence
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 Cup Sunflower seeds
* 1/2 Cup Pumpkin seeds
* 1/4 Cup Hemp seeds
* 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
* 1/2 Cup Dried Canberries
* 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
* 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
* 1/4 Cup water (cold)
- Set your oven at 160 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl and set aside,
- In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients until they are combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients mixture into the dry ingredients mixture and combine them. Make sure there are no dry patches.
- Line your baking tray with baking sheet/wax paper and pour the mixture inside.
- Even out the mixture in the tray and tightly pat it down.
- Put the tray into the oven and let it bake for 35-40min. Turn it around once.
- Once done done baking, cut it into desired shapes and let it cool down.
- Store in an airtight container to retain the moisture.
It is that easy.
As promised, I am also giving you a chance to win 400g of Kabrita instant full cream goat milk powder to try out this recipe. Believe me, you will love it. All you need to enter is:
- Be living within the boarders of South Africa
- Be subscribed to this blog
- Comment below and let me know what’s your go-to snack during winter.
- Winner will be announced on Friday the 16th of June 2017